Pages

7/28/2011

Your Thoughts are More Powerful than You Think

For a long time, I hate to admit that I was quite bitter with many people in my life so much so that I gave up on friendship and networking because I didn't want to get hurt. I would assume the worst in people when they actually meant well. Even when they reveal their care and love for me, I wasn't willing to let go of that impression I already made up for them. I would think "why are you treating me nice now?" Up to a point I was even revengeful but mostly, I just want them to feel the depth of my sorrow and blame them for my fallings. Soon, I realized the people I surrounded myself with were people of my own thoughts - anger, resent, unforgiving, judgmental and self-critical. And because they mirror what my thoughts were, when I left them, I feel even worse - I feel stupid, disgusted and hatred. Scary!

All that came to an end when I went through some intense self reflection in the mirror. I even went to the length of taking time off from school to recuperate and introspect behaviors and thoughts of self. It wasn't an easy feat to see the person staring back at you in the mirror. All those ugly scars and muddy feelings resurface. However, they are all so necessary to be worked out; I untangled it and found much smoother resolution.

I'm already at a better, brighter place, as you can tell. I'm smiling and feeling optimistic everyday. The idea about what I am, who I am and what I love about myself? That's starting to sound pretty good to me. It began by me shedding all the negative energy I carried. Letting go was not easy, but once I forgive myself, they just come off naturally. Then, I asked for love, by talking to the people I love or doing things I love. I accept all the goodness that comes my way, instead of rejecting. Soon enough, I began to see I was quickly surrounded by like-minded people - subtle, patient, calm, welcoming and loving. When I leave them, I feel peaceful, supported and most importantly, loved.

Even the bossiest or vainest pot that is out there just seem so petty to me. If it bothers me, I asked "what is the point?" It is not my energy and I shall not carry it.

How I did that? This is my method:

Switch resentment to forgiveness.
Switch anger to peace.
Switch hatred to love.

Instead of a stream of hot lava burning in your head, turn that thought to a beautiful stream of clear water with rainbow colors of bubbles and butterflies flying with you above it.

So instead of, "I hate my boss's inferiority. He is so judgmental and stubborn! Doesn't he understand I've already done my best?"

... say to yourself, with intent! "My boss has my forgiveness. At soul level, he is still learning what life has for him. A job is only a job, it doesn't define me. I trust that I do the best for myself and my life. I am protected from any influence that doesn't serve my highest good."

Most importantly, forgive yourself. Then forgive the other person or the situation. Focus on the better side of other people. They will soon learn that the negativity they carry will only feed their ego, and ego for we all know, does not bring you anywhere. Then, move on.

But if you are still with chronically negative beings, it is best that you remove yourself from them.

Your thought is more powerful than you think, dear readers. It shows even when you don't speak. Whether you like it or not, your thoughts can send a vibe to people and it can manifest in many different ways. One of the way it manifest is through how people treat you.

I know it's beginning to sound quite metaphysical here but isn't it true? Not all things can be explained with science but isn't this logical?

I didn't know what I discover for myself was actually an old-discovery of a metaphysical subject.

Have you heard about the Law of Attraction? "It is the belief of that positive and negative thinking bring about positive and negative physical results." - Wikipedia.com

And the reason I wanted to write this today is because I care for all of you. When friends ask for my advice, I wanted to pour everything I know but my brain is so scattered that I probably didn't give out the clearest, understandable words intended. My apology if it was confusing. Here's a chance for me to make it up, in writing and put it in a clearer way for you to understand.

So, what motivated me is that I'd heard too many stories of friends caught up in the cycle of negativity in life - the rat race, the whose got a better car, the who badmouth so and so... It leaves me helpless when people refuse to learn that the more you dwell in negativity, the more the situation will get worse. I can't help you if you don't help yourself. You'll only spiral down into the hole of darkness if you let it. So choose NOT to let it.

Every time you catch yourself thinking negatively like "ah I'm so forgetful, I forgot to buy the onions. I should have brought the list with me. Why didn't I think of looking at the grocery list before I go? sheesh"

Turn it to "I forgot the onions, I'll get it tonight." More productive, ain't it?

It can be solved just by practicing the Law of Attraction. Be nice and nice people will be loving you. Be horrible and horrible people will be attacking you.

Begin by counting your blessings. Focus on what you have than what you don't have. You'll notice you actually have lots of great things already happening in your life. Cherish the things that are working and soon you will find yourself be more at peace with unconditional love. Also, you'll be attracting many positive people who will make you happier. In turn, more fun and wonderful events will take place!

I understand it is not easy to get out of that cycle but you have no idea how easy you can turn your life around once your thoughts are positive. You just need to untangle it with intent!

I'm living proof that it works. Let me know when it works for you!



No comments: