Pages

2/01/2009

25 things about me

Jessie jots...

As post in Facebook

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you!

1. I can never sleep without Bluey. He is a little Malaysian Airlines pillow from the plane that I stole and has been my companion since 9.

2. I have never had chicken pox or measles and probably will never ever get them. When I was baby, I was given a shot to prevent that.

3. Originally born and raised in Penang, I moved to Terengganu, Subang Jaya, Kuching, Taiping, and back to Penang. After Penang, I went to Minnesota in the States and then moved to California.

4. The day my furniture arrived in California, we experienced an earthquake, a magnitude of 5.4 on Richter scale.

5. I thought I died on my first open scuba dive in a lake in Minnesota. Long story short, I fell 20 ft below water level because my instructor gave me weights that were too heavy that I lost control of my buoyancy. I descended too quickly and fell onto some very dark silt at the bottom of the lake. Immediately after, the water clarity turned pitch black and I was completely disorientated. I panicked until I couldn't breathe. After what seems like forever trying to inhale, I felt a pull at the back and the next thing I know, I saw light. I thought I died!

6. I have strong intuition of who, what, where and dreams of passed on loved ones.

7. My dream place to visit next is Morocco. I love, love, love their exotic culture and their tradition.

8. Give me spiders, scorpions, worms or any creepy crawlies, .... but no CICAK (gecko)! They scare me and disgust me to death.

9. I met my husband online when I was 15 but our mutual friends are friends I actually know when I was living in Taiping. I knew his childhood bestie but I didn't know him.

10. Believe it or not, I have childhood memories as far back as 2 years old.

11. I told Dad I wanted to go to the States at the age of 5... and I wanted to go to Disneyland. And probably see Michael Jackson. But I think the last one is probably not happening.

12. People say I'm a good cook.

13. When I was living in Subang Jaya, Michelle Yeoh used to leave her luggage in my uncle's house. She is a childhood friend of my aunt. Unfortunately everytime she came, I was in school. I also went to her house in Ipoh once and ironically, I still have not met her.

14. My next door neighbor in Subang was the nation's cartoonist, Lat. If you are familiar with Lat's comic books, you will know that there is a scene with two girls playing badminton over the fence between the houses. The girl on the left was me.

15. From time to time, I have cravings for Mashed Potato more than I have for chocolate.

16. My maternal grandfather was the Peranakan descendent (also known as the mix marriage between the Chinese and Malay) and my maternal grandmother was descended from Thai. My paternal grandparents were Chinese.

17. I'm on the phone with my parents at least once a week for an average of 2 hours each call time.

18. Hubby's sister called me "Ah Sou" (Elder sister-in-law) when her brother and I were only friends... 12 years ago.

19. I used to have a big crush on Aaron Kwok. He was my everything! I owned his video, his posters, t-shirts and cassette. I even memorized every of his dance moves and memorized every word of his songs... but never really knew what it meant.

20. My cat has sneezed on my face... twice!

21. I am easily amused and excited with weddings, old friends, pictures of babies or somebody's pet. Yes I am annoying like that.

22. I arrived 45 minutes late for my 3rd and final round interview at Target Corporation. I got hired a week later.

23. My guilty pleasure is to watch The Real Housewives of Orange County in Bravo every Tuesday night since 3 years ago. Little did I know I was going to move there.

24. I always knock my feet into something. Eventhough I know well enough how the furnitures are situated and what the layout is, I still get bruises.

25. I enjoy playing snooker, not so much for pool. But I emerged as the champion for 2002 Intercollegiate Pool Tournament for female category and in the States, champion for the Inter-dormitory Pool Tournament. I was only lucky on the latter because my last opponent, who came in with his own shiny gold cue, pocketed the white ball on his own. It was a foul, so I became the winner.

2 comments:

zlee said...

alamak.. i see u tagged me in facebook... alamak... i dont even have enything in mind about myslef for now... huhuhu...

btw.. interesting facts... n i realise we have some things in common... :P like HATE CICAK... and can date childhoodmemory from very young...obsession over old memories n fotos n weddings...i end up shooting them :P~

Jessie C said...

hahah Az, take your time. I'd be happy to know what your random 25 are.

glad that i'm not the only one to have all that hatred for cicak. we have lots of things in common! :D